© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Meaning Behind My Blog Name

Hello Beauties!

I can't believe it's already November!  This morning at Kenilworth Center I was amazed that the Christmas decoration was already displayed! WOW - time flies..

Today's post are going to be a bit different, since I'm taking part in the 30 day Beauty Blogging Challenge  that have been complied by Liza Erkelens from With Elizabeth H 

The prompt for today are what are the "Meaning Behind My Blogging Name" 

 My birthname are Léanie, but I know that plenty of English speakers struggle to pronounce my name correctly. I got fedup with it, but when I've seen that a new artist was becoming popular Leanie May I thought at least people will start to know how to pronounce my name, but nope.

I was in the teaching profession and when I was introduced I was feeling very awkward by some of  the different names that was given to me was terrible like Lenie. [ It was pronounced as len-nie

 I started my blog in February 2015 and i realized that I can't used my Afrikaans name and I know some of my pen-pals have named me as Leah and also that Leah are  also my route/ground name. That would some up the first part of my blog name.

You would be amazed that I didn't know that I was stuck with the last part of my blog name!

I know that I have started to blog mainly about nail polishes, but I know that I want to have some freedom regarding that aspect. At the end I have decided to use Beauty, since I would blog about beauty products.

Not long after I have everything sorted I realized that there was also another Leah Beauty Facebook Page and even that was an overseas Page. I know that something else are needed to define my blog so I came up with a slogan that would describe what my blog would be about.

You are welcome to follow me on:

Stay beautiful and be you!



5 comments:

  1. Awesome, it took me just as long to decide on my blog name. I wanted it to be unique but be linked to me in a special way. I did not want to use my name. Love the name you choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think choosing a name for your blog are one of the hardest things to begin with.

      Delete
  2. Love your blog name, it suits your blog and it's easy to remember

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the name you chose for your blog, especially with the butterfly. I love butterflies [to look at]!
    The slogan makes one want to go read your blog.
    Keep up the good work cuz. xx
    Kietie

    ReplyDelete