© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Saturday 12 January 2019

Stodels Kenilworth - Feast for the eye...

I think it's safe to say that the Winter is in the past and Summer are here, but it seems that we do have a few wet days in between.  I'm not the type of woman that likes the gloomy weather, I like spending time outdoors even if it's just to walk to the post box or sometimes taking photos on a lovely sunny day! 


Stodels Kenilworth

We have decided to visit our local Stodels in Kenilworth.  
I'm a sucker when it comes to Cactus plants. To be honest it's the only plant that I can say will survive by me. 

Recently I have learned a few things that I haven't known before regarding how to take care of your precious Cactus plants. I feel embarrassed 🙈 to say that my previous plants from last year have said goodbye. Jip, they have died.  I will do a blog post some time regarding that and some tips that I have learned recently! 


Stodels | Mammillaria Hahniana

My dad and I were walking and he has spotted this cute looking cactus and showed it to me and just look at it.  I just had to purchase this little cactus. 

You will notice that all the cactus plants in this corner had these cute little note cards with messages and mine were "met liefde" meaning with love. Too cute man. 

I was kind of curious to know what is the common name of the plant.  Done a little research and I've noted that the common name is "Old Lady Cactus". 

I've also learned today that they need special feeding called Chrystal Cactus Liquid once a week for healthy growth and to encourage an abundance of flowers.  So I will need to visit Stodels again. 



Tiny cactus plants | Stodels

Here are also some beautiful tiny cactus plants. They would look so cute on my desk or bedside table. Luckily my room received lovely sunshine during the Summertime in the morning so it would be wonderful for them since cactus thrives on sunshine. 


Cactus plants at Stodels

More beautiful cactus plants.  By now it would be clear to you that I'm really into cactus plants. I think it would be wonderful to be working in a place where you are surrounded by these stunning wonderful plants and flowers! 

While we were at Stodels I've noticed they had a little Cafe.  
We had applied for our Gardening Club cards and we have received it in about 15 minutes.  You can also apply for your card here it's free to join. To check if you have a Stodels near you feel free to check here . 

Do you have a favourite flower or plant and if so would you rather purchase the flower or would you like to have a garden with your favourite flowers!? 

Keep smelling the roses, 





No comments:

Post a Comment