© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Tuesday 29 January 2019

Being a Christian can be challenging

During the years I always wanted to have a friend that I could trust completely and to some extent, I had a friend like that, but I wanted a friend that I could share so much more with! A friend that I could tell about my daily struggles as a Christian. 

To be honest I have a friend that I always envied.  She has a family that is more open about there relationship with there Jesus. Maybe that partly the reason why I always liked going to her place during vacations! 

Her parents were the type that would have a household gathering where the whole family would get together and the Dad would read from the Bible and everyone had the opportunity to pray. They weren't ashamed to talk about there faith like asking questions etc.


I went the whole Christian thing of going to church, went to Sunday-school classes etc, but I knew that something was missing in my life that I was so desperately searching for many years. 

That was also the time that I have fallen in love reading Christian based novels and hoping to find some answers to the questions that I had and too afraid to ask, but I didn't find it the novels. My heart has only received that answer in 2007. You are welcome to read that post here that I have written about my journey with Jesus. 

It's 11 years from that event that I have said YES and accepted Him, but I do know that my relationship with Him isn't what it's supposed to be like at all. 

It's so easy to get distracted by everything that is happening each day.  I remember in 2010 I have started the year right by reading my Bible and to pray.  A bit later it was back to normal life.  The holidays are over and my working life has begun and there just wasn't enough hours in the day, especially when your career has just begun. So there went my normal morning routine out by the window.  I could feel that everything has begun to take its toll on me and I could not cope with everything. 

Yet, after all those years I'm still yearning to have the courage to have that relationship with my Saviour. Yes, I do have my evening time where I would have a time out from everything and would spend time with my prayer journal, but my heart wants something more - a much deeper level of commitment with Him. 

I have known it for a very long time what that is, but I'm afraid or should I rather say ashamed to acknowledge the fact that I want to have a buddy that we can have come together and read from the Bible, talking about our struggles as a Christian and to pray. 

The most challenging part for me would be to pray. Yes, you have read correctly. Yet, to pray together as Christian should be a normal activity, but I'm a coward in that regard! 🙈 

Why is it so easy to talk about anything under the sun to your friends, expect the most important thing talking about your faith!? Or is it only me? 

I know that I should get my ducks in a row and it's also the right thing to do and it's would be great to have that buddy that has your back. 

I would like to ask you that those of you that are a Christian that you should look at your friends and pray for them.  That they would have the courage to reach out. 

Stay blessed, 



No comments:

Post a Comment