© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Scratch Patch | Waterfront

I remember the days that my Mom used to take us to Scratch Patch when we were little. We used to take the train back then.  It was always fun to pick out your little gemstones...


Scratch Patch | Waterfront
I always wanted to visit Scratch Patch again and this time I thought that it would be great that my Dad went along with me, since he always heard about the place.  He could never visit this place with us when I was little, since he had to work. 

So we decided that Tuesday we would go to the Waterfront branch, since I can't remember that I've been there before, but apparently my Mom have informed me that I was. 

If I could give you some advice regarding where to park. Scratch patch are located near the Portswood Parking bay. Click here to view the tariff rates.  


Scratch Patch | Waterfront

When we have arrived at Scratch Patch it looked so much different than it used to be. In the early years the stones was scattered in a room as I could remember, but I must confess I like this layout much better.  It looks more realistic with the different Murial's that are painted. 



Here are my dad sitting on a piece of rock and he looks at the different pieces of gemstones all around him and keeping my belongings, while I'm on my stomach searching for my little stones that are going in my little pocket. 




The small bags cost R 22.00 
Click here to view Scratch Patch Opening hours and prices for various size bags.

My little bags of Gemstones! I have found some gemstones that I've never seen before!! At some point I will visit Scratch Patch again, since I want to find the rest from the chart. 


My Gemstones from Scratch Patch

I have decided to put all my gemstones in this heart shaped basket! Doesn't it look beautiful to display it like this? 

Scratch Patch are a place for the very young and those that have a love for rocks! I'm in my early thirties and I still like to look at my little rocks and do seek information where they came from.

It's fascinating to discovering that the Rose Quartz are a soothing colour and means commitment and caring. It's also the colour of love obviously and I think this would be an great way to give someone that you care about very much a bracelet or a necklace.  

It's the holidays and what better way then to take your kids to the Scratch Patchit would keep those little fingers busy...



No comments:

Post a Comment