© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Tuesday 11 December 2018

CHRISTmas is a day that....

Christmas falls on a Tuesday this year. How would Christmas feel this year? How should Christmas feel - anyway? I would say that you should feel inspired and be surrounded by people that you feel loved and that you will feel blessed!? 

Christmas

Like every year we would go to Church and then we would go home and eat lunch and my parents would take a nap afterwards...

For me it's a day that I actually feel alone. It started to feel like this for a really long time okay years ago if I have to be totally honest.  There's something missing in that day for me!! 

I remember one year that I was sitting in Church and I was surrounded with people all around me, but yet felt so alone. Is it just me that feels like that or do you also feel like that at times? 

I not sure that I even want to go to the Church service this year at all, but I definitely know that I want to do the following things on Christmas day! 



Hot Chocolate and Christmas Cookies
Hot Chocolate and Christmas Cookies

As a kid I was never a fan of drinking Hot Chocolate at all! I guess it could be that we never had that in our house.  It's only in 2010 when I started working that I have decided to drink Hot Chocolate that was something that I have purchased with my first salary. I remember it was a Cadbury Hot Chocolate and I have also purchased some Cadbury chocolate and I would break some blocks from the slab and add it to my mug of Hot Chocolate was a very deluxe Hot Chocolate, but so yummy indeed. 

I'm going to enjoy my Christmas Mug of Hot Chocolate with some Candy Canes and Marshmallows. I have recently discovered that the Coco & Vanilla Marshmallows from Beacon are delicious in Hot Chocolate. 



Yes I do have a Christmas Mug!  I believe every person should have a Christmas Mug.  I had one that a student had given me years ago, but I've seen that Pep Stores have some really inspiring ones this year! I have purchased all three designs and they are super affordable too. The other two are part of my parents Christmas presents. 

Later this month I'm going to bake some Christmas Cookies. You would remember that I have mention in one of my previous post that I want to bake some cookies.  Yesterday I have decided what I want to bake and I can hardly wait for payday to arrive so that I can purchase the rest of the ingredients that I will need. 

Christmas relaxing

Watching movies

These days you don't even have to leave the house to watch some movies! I'm going to watch some Christmassy movies on You Tube. I'm loving these inspirational and faith based movies, especially Karen Kingsbury's movie like Maggie's Christmas Miracle

Karen Kingsbury | Sarah's Song
I'm on the hunt for some interesting Christmas books to read this year! Or do you have books that you like to re-read each year during Christmas time!? 

I would encourage you to get a copy of this book from Karen Kingsbury Sarah's Song it's so inspiring, but you will need to keep a box of tissue's at hand. 

Would you like me to do a book review of this book in the near future? Please let me know.  

Journal writing


One of the things that I really want to do that day are to spend time with HIM.  He deserves my full attention where i wont be distracted by electronic devices or with other people around me. Just pure quality time where i can surrender to Him. 

I like to be still and to take my pen and notebook and write to Him. Jesus would love to hear from us personally so that's the ideal time to be still and to really take the time to listen to Him. I know that I haven't done this for some while now. 

Sometimes this might included watching a faith based movie or writing a poem from the heart. These things are just between you and Him. How do you spend quality time with Him? 

I hope that you will have a wonderful Christmas this year! 



No comments:

Post a Comment