© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Friday 6 November 2015

40 GREAT NAIL ART IDEAS 0 BLACK & WHITE

Hello beauties,

It's time for another great edition of Crumpet's Nail Tarts presents 40 Great Nail Art Ideas!  Today's prompt was Black and White and my specific prompt to do for this one was 3D / embellished. 

Since I'm still on a learning curve related to nail art.  I wondered what i would do my nails.  The colour combination are great, but how would i paint my nails.  





In the beginning of last month i purchased for myself some dotting tools from Planet nails and i like to incorporate that into my nails theme for this manicure and I've also noticed that Polka dots are highly in the fashion side so i decided to do that pattern on my nails, but i still had to come up with 3D or some emblished idea.  So i always try to use things that i have in the house, since i can't just go to a shope to buy things especially just for a theme, especially if you are on a shoe string budget and i wanted to do a manicure that most people would be able to do themselves.    Somehow i ended up thinking about using rice as my 3D pattern.  I've searched on Goggle and i did find some nail art images related to rice. 




Well i started with a Base Colour from Essence the gel nail polish black is back that I've applied on each nail except on my ring finger I've used the base colour from Tip Top Nail Chick Cream Puff and I've also made polka Dots with Tip Top Cream Puff.   




Here you would be able to see that I've used real uncooked rice. If you want to know the brand of rice that I've used it's Spekko Parboiled Rice long grained.  I must say it's not that easy to place the rice on my nails, since you have to take it grain by grain.  

I'm quite satisfied with the end result. I still want to try other themes or styles with rice!  Who said you can't play with food. 

Till next time, 













SHARING IT CARING!

4 comments:

  1. Ahahaha 3D nailart with rice. That's an original idea ! :) I like it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad that you like it! :-)

      Delete
    2. Would you look at that: rice!! I would have never thought about using rice, I swear! great idea! well done for you Miss! Never be afraid of trying new things, I have to remember that! Thank you!

      Delete
    3. I'm glad to hear that you like this idea! Thanks for stopping by! ☺

      Delete