© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Monday 19 October 2020

Garden Talk - Pelargonium

 Hello Ladies,

Do you love to be in the garden!? I assume you do, especially if you have flowers that are beautiful to look at and to relax in it too especially late afternoon.

Well, I always enjoyed being in the garden with my camera in hand taking photos of flowers and the odd chance that my cat comes to visit me at times.

Last week on my IG account I have mentioned that I have purchased the book called Jane’s Delicious A –Z of Herbs. It’s available at Bargain Books.



While I was glancing through the book my eyes have immediately recognized the flower since we have it in our garden, but never have I thought that it falls in the Herb category and that it has so many uses! I know it smells lovely when I rub the leaves with my fingers, but that was about it!

So what have I actually discovered about our Pelargonium (Pelargonium species):  That our Pelargonium is rose scented and the leaves can be used to:

~ Keep your clothes smelling fresh and to keep moths away by scattering them in your drawers. Use dried leaves. I think this would also be great to make a little sachet and add dried leaves in them and makes a great present for someone.

~ The leaves can be used to infuse your warm milk to make custard, jellies, teas, and cordials. I’m also thinking of infusing your milk that you add to make Pancakes.

~ The flowers are also edible so you can freeze them in ice cubes. This would look lovely in your water jug, especially if you are having guests.

It’s so true you are never too old to learn something new.  Keep your eyes open you might be surprised what you might find in your garden.

Stay safe and be blessed,

Leanie


No comments:

Post a Comment