© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Friday 26 August 2016

THE SOUTH AFRICAN TAG

Hello Beauties, 

Todays post are going to be somewhat different from what i usually blog about, but it's also a post where you get to know a bit more about me.  I was tagged by Melanie's Nook

The tag was modified by Jabi the author of the blog Closet Freedom. You are welcome to check her blog post here 


So here are my answers to the questions: 

1)  How many types of coffee do you have per day? Which type of coffee and why? 

To be totally honest i do not consume any Coffee at all.  The nearest i would come to a caffeine fix would be the Bio-plus sweet that i enjoy once and again. I would rather enjoy a lovely cup of Hot chocolate during the winter or cold nights. 

2)  Favourite part of the 7-colour Sunday dish? 

We do not have such a huge meal on Sunday's at all, since my Dad are a diabetic our menu's have changed. I do love my roasted Chicken when we do have the occasional roast on a Sunday. 

3) Which sport will you spend most of Saturday watching while having a classic South African        braai? Options : Cricket/Soccer/Rugby? 

Sorry to disappoint  you here, but i'm not a sport fan at all, but i do like another sport Synchronized Swimming (Water Ballet) I totally love watching this. My Mom on the other hand would be the one that would watch Rugby. We don't do the weekend braai at all, when we do braai it a real treat, so i do the most cooking in the house. No off days for me regarding that! 

4) Favourite South African word/phrase and a word that annoys you? 

Favourite: "Be careful for what you wish for, because you might get it in a way that you not gonna like it" 

Annoying: Dood -when i hear this Afrikaans word on a News bulletin. They should state "gesterf"or "oorlede" 

5)  South African treat?

Biltong - Ostrich 

6) Which South African dj rocks your socks? 

Renske Jacobs, Christelle Van Tonder from RSG 

7) Favourite South African personality?

Susan Coetzer - She played in "Die Vierde Kabinet" as Willa Swart and the last time i remember she also had a role in "7de Laan" as Robyn de Swart. Recently i discovered that she also blogs on facebook and i really enjoy her writing. She inspire us through her daily writings, i try to read her blogs on a daily basis.  Life is hard and her daily inspirations are an inspiration to believe in yourself especially on some days that you just want go give up. 

8) Favourite Province? Why? 

I haven't travelled a lot, but i would say Cape Town, since when i do have the pleasure i like to enjoy the early morning at the beach!  Just to take a walk on the beach with an Ice-cream - pure bliss! I miss the days when i could have visited Hout Bay more frequently, but maybe one day i will be there again! 

9) How many South African languages do you speak? 

Afrikaans & English, but i can understand and speak a little Xhosa that i've learned in School and Varsity. 

10) Favourite song? 

She by Elvis Costello. You can read the lyrics to the song here 

11)  TV show watched by most South Africans which is also a must-watch in your family? 

It would be 7de Laan I've watched this show from the beginning! I just can't imagine not watching it, on the days that the show doesn't get aired it feels weird, something is missing!  Before they started to load it on You Tube, it didn't matter how tired i got i will stay up and watched it, but now i know i can take an early nap and know i can watch it on YT the next day.  

I do hope that you enjoyed this post. 

Enjoy your weekend beauties! 


16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking part. I enjoyed reading all your answers. Hmm now I'm in the mood for roasted chicken....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you talking, i just saw earlier today a advertisement from Hungry Lion!

      Delete
  2. I don't know a lot about South Africa, at least when it comes to popular culture, so this is a fun post to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen. I'm glad that you enjoyed reading this post.

      Delete
  3. I have never visited South Africa (or honestly know anyone from there) so it's really fun to read your answers to gain a little insight into what it's like to live there! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to find out a little bit more about you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post hun :) lovely to get to know you better xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing some insight into your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a really interesting read! I always love to get to know bloggers on a personal level, but I'm American and admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about South Africa. I'd love to read a follow-up to this, maybe talk about some of the pop culture things you've written about here for the uninitiated. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment, Stacy. I do appreciate it. Next month on the 24 September we are celebrating Heritage day here in South Africa, then i will do something in this regard. So keep you eyes peeled to this blog.

      Delete
  8. Oh! I've had ostrich before and really enjoyed it. It's pretty hard to find around here, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest i had Ostrich biltong last year when i visit my cousin and oh boy it never disappoints me.

      Delete