© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Monday 8 October 2018

Are you standing bold in your faith?


Early this morning I was watching a movie on YouTube called I’m not ashamed is a 2016 drama film based on the journals of Rachal Scott, the first victim of the 1999 Columbine High School massacre in Columbine, Colorado.

I'm not Ashamed | Movie Cover
 PICTURE FROM https://firstpriority.cc/notashamed/

Film synopsis:

Columbine High School student Rachel Joy Scott grew up knowing the love of God but wasn't always ready to receive it. At times her faith is strong, but at other times, she finds that it's at odds with her daily life. After a difficult breakup with her non-believing boyfriend, Rachel finds inspiration from a formerly homeless teen, and her renewed commitment to Christ plays out powerfully at her high school and around the world. Based on an true story. 




The movie had an impact on me. I remember when I was 17 I wasn’t so sure about my faith at all. I was searching for answers to the questions that were pestering me. I wasn’t brave enough to ask for any advice at all. I was rather a bookworm reading faith based books and hoping that would guide me in the right direction. 

Yet Rachel was a 17 year old girl that was so sure about her faith until the tragic shooting that took place at the school.

Now as a 30+ year old woman I can say she is a role model for me. I wish that I had that same kind of boldness to be unashamed about my faith.

Would I be able to answer yes like Rachel did when she looked her killer in the eye when he has asked her “Do you still believe in your God”? Knowingly that he’s about to kill her. I still have trouble answering that question. It’s not that I don’t believe in God in matter of fact I do. I have given my heart to God already in 2007, but when my life here on earth depends on it!? 
Rachel Scott from the movie I'm not Ashamed
SOURCE: https://catholicgirlbloggin.net/2017/02/06/cgb-review-of-im-not-ashamed-2016/
I have seen in the movie that she was wearing a necklace around her neck with a cross on it. It have brought a memory back to me one year when I was doing my practise teaching at a primary school and one boy ask me one day in class regarding my faith, since I also worn a necklace with a cross on it. It took me by surprise. 

People are watching you even if you don’t think so. What kind of impact do you have on them? I wonder what kind of impact do I (if any) have on people, is it good or bad.

Honestly I wish that my faith was so strong like Rachel. I struggle on a regular basis to always do the right thing according to be right in the eyes of God. Rachel was so lucky to have an supporting system in her life – Christian friends that came together on a regular place to study the word of God.

To walk the Christian life alone are HARD, but I had that sense along time already that I will walk alone.

So I want to ask you would you be standing bold in your faith?

Feel free to leave your comments here underneath this post or send me an message via Facebook.

Have a blessed week!


No comments:

Post a Comment