© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Friday 27 July 2018

Start believing


Just the other day I went to Spur for breakfast. It’s a real treat for me and while I was waiting for my meal to arrive I have notice the sugar sachets on the table.

So I decided to take one and at the back of the sachet is an interesting quote printed on them from famous poets at the back. I have read each one, but this one stood out for me the most.


Sugar sachet with inscription message

“Believe in your heart that you’re meant to live a life full of passion, purpose, magic and miracles.” ~ Roy T Bennet

You see the last few years were an emotional roller coaster ride for me.  I had some happy days, but not those real great days that I would jump for joy!

Every time I wanted to pursue something the door would just shut in my face. Most nights I would either watch movies online or I would lie and bed and cry. My sleeping patterns have changed in such ways that I would mostly sleep in the day and do my work in the afternoon.

So I kept looking at that verse and it spoke to me. Two words popped out for me namely passion & purpose. 

For a very long time I wanted to know what are my real purpose are on earth!? In the past I have prayed about it, but for me it felt like that God doesn’t hear my prayers or I just don’t know any more how to tune into the frequency that God are talking to me.

I want to be the kind of woman that God would be happy to see me and I want to be one of them that would put a smile on His face!  I felt like a loser in that department.

Regarding passion that’s also another biggie for me.  I have many interests or another word would be hobbies. Unfortunately my passions aren’t supporting me financially…

I have that sugar sachet here while I’m typing and I’m glancing on those words and somehow I have that tiny feeling that things would work out.  I guess you could call it HOPE that God have put inside of my heart of not giving up on myself for stop living.

That I should start to live!  At the moment it takes courage on some days to face the day, but I refuse to give in to that stage that I was in 2007.  It was the worst year of my entire life, but yet at the end of that year I had the best time of my life! (Think of the movie “Dirty Dancing” with the song called Time of my life) That’s how I was feeling in December 2007, since I have discovered that God really loved me.

It was one of the best decisions in my entire life that I have made to give my heart to Him and I simply don’t want to disappoint Him.

I think that God was speaking to me through the words that are printed on that sachet.
It’s up to me to rise to that challenge of living a life of passion, purpose, magic and miracles.

It’s never too late to turn around and to go with a sincere heart to God and to ask for directions.

Are you living a life of passion & purpose?
What steps do you need to make to feel alive?

May you find that God cares about you so deeply and that He wants to make a connection with you – don’t leave it until the last minute…


Stay blessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment