© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Sunday 8 April 2018

Crepes (Pannekoek) Recipe

Good Morning,

Today I'm going to share with you an easy Homemade Crepe recipe or those that are Afrikaans speaking would know it's called a Pannekoek.  Crepes are an easy recipe that you can make in a very short time and it's so yummy and with the upcoming colder days here in Cape Town it would be a sure winner!

Crepes (Pannekoek) Recipe




Crepes
Basic crepe recipe -  doesn’t use any milk.  

UTENSILS:
  • Non-stick Frying pan
  • Pot with water with a plate on top (you will place the finishes crepes on it; while you are still baking the others)
  • Non-stick spatula
  • Large Mixing bowl
  • Measuring Jug
  • Hand electric mixer (If you don't have one you can use an whisk) 

INGREDIENTS:

  • 3 Cups Self Raising Flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
  • 5ml Orange or Pineapple essence (Optional)
  • 1 egg
  • 3 Cups cold water
  • Cinnamon & Sugar (I mix these before I start baking my crepes. I use an old spice bottle to store my Cinnamon Sugar in)
  • Golden Syrup (Optional) 

METHOD:
  •  Add all the dry ingredients in your large mixing bowl.
  •  Break the egg and add to the dry ingredients.
  • Add your essence. (I like to add some essence to my pancakes, but you don’t have to.)
  • Gradually I’ll add my water to my mixture.  I prefer using the electric one then I know for sure that I won’t have any lumps and it goes to much quicker too.
  • Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium to high heat scoop the batter unto your pan. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
  • Bake the crepe until you notice there a change in the colour then loosen it with your spatula, turn and bake on the other side.
  • Place the crepe unto the pot with boiling water that you have put a plate on top.  This will keep all your crepes hot while you are still baking the other crepes.
  • Sprinkle some Cinnamon Sugar on the inside of the crepe and roll them up. I use a fork to roll it up.  Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top. Serve it hot. If you like Golden Syrup you can squirt a little over your crepes. 
TIP: You can keep leftovers fresh by just covering them with some Aluminium foil for the next day or if you can freeze them individually by place a stack of baked cooled crepes between layers of wax paper inside a heavy duty zip-lock plastic bag. You can freeze them up to two months.  If frozen just thaw in the refrigerator.  Remove the stack from the bag and reheat in the microwave for 15 seconds on High.   

Do you enjoy eating crepes?


2 comments:

  1. Leanie, hierdie reseppie lyk sommer baie maklik en HEERLIK verby!! Gaan dit definitief probeer met lemoen geursel.
    Baie dankie
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geniet dit! Ek het juis vandag die orige een vandag geniet.

      Delete