© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Friday 16 December 2016

TEACHERS ALSO DESERVE PAMPERING | SERIES | KIRSTY HOGGONS

Hello Beauties,

I'm sure that most of us always wanted to know what do teacher's like to receive for gifts or what do they keep in their drawers?  I remember when i was young that i always want to see what do they keep in their drawers and why could teachers have drawers and we didn't have and drawers in our desk at all! The only two items that was always in the desk at school was the bible and the dictionary.

The school are on Holidays and the kids are enjoying themselves and teachers finally have a well deserved rest.  If you know a teacher show them some support during the year even if it's just a note to tell them what they mean to your child.  believe me teacher love to receive notes like these and if you want to make them feel extra special give them a chocolate or some cookies that you have made even the more if your child have helped you with it!

I have decided to chat to a fellow teacher and she have agreed to spill the beans with me!  Today i chat with Kirsty Hoggons.




I want to introduce you all to Kirsty Hoggons that are also a blogger from Me, Cupcakes and Tea 

Hello Kirsty,

Why have you decided to become a teacher in the first place and what Grade are you teaching at the moment? 

I currently teach Grade 2 and I am loving it! I teach at a wonderful school where I am given a lot of support. I wanted to become a teacher because I love working with children and I wanted to make a difference. I definitely feel as though I am doing that now. 

I think that with teaching, as with any profession, there will always be challenges and things will not always be easy but you just need to persevere and keep doing what you're doing and what is best for the children - they are the reason you are there after all! 

What gifts would you like to receive from your learners if you would be that lucky? 

Getting gifts is always lovely especially when the children have put thought into the gift that they have chosen for you. I really enjoy things like shower gel and small hand creams that I can keep in my drawer at school or in my handbag. I also love things like coffee sachets and chocolate!! Especially chocolate! I love things that can help me get organized for the year ahead as well - a pretty planner or to do lists!




So, Kirsty I just have to ask you this but, what do you keep in your drawer? 

In my drawer, beauty wise, I always have wet wipes, hand sanitizer, cream, deodorant, and lip balm. I also keep coffee sachets and rusks/biscuits in another drawer for those long days!



Thank you Kirsty for taking the time to share the question that some of us was always wondering about! 

You are welcome to check her out on her Social media platform out at: 

Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/mecupcakesandtea/ 

Twitterhttps://twitter.com/KirstyRose91 

Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/mecupcakesandtea/ 

Bloglovinhttps://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/me-cupcakes-tea-18198625 

If you would like to be featured in the teacher series you are welcome to leave a comment or to contact me. 

Stay sweet, 




12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Your welcome, Kirsty! Was a pleasure to do something different!

      Delete
  2. I never even thought about what the teachers may be keeping in the drawers, my school were firmly against students giving teachers gifts as they thought it could lead to favouritism and such

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time a student would give teachers gifts at the end of the year and then you move to another Grade anyway. The only thing that you aren't allowed to give is money to teachers. I think it would depends on the school policy, but hre in South Africa children are welcome to give gifts and we even have World Teachers Day!

      Delete
  3. Great post. My grandma was a teacher. And she loves to get pampered too. She's always updated on the latest trends too for accessories. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that you loved your Grandma - she was probably the one that helped or encourage you to read?

      Delete
  4. Aww, great post. And those are good things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post. I always loved getting my teachers gifts on the holidays. I agree they definitely deserve major pampering for there hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the teachers would love the gifts that they receive!

      Delete
  6. I agree with you, especially during assessment times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for publishing this interview. I found it VERY informative and really an eye opener. Teachers are doing one of the MOST important jobs in the world and that is because they're teaching our kids who are the future ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are absolutely right about that. Most peeople take teachers fro granted for what they do. Most people only see the holidays and the 7-3 working hours, but they tend to forget all the work that are being done after the hours teachers spend in the classroom like marking questions papers, drawing up questions papers and doing reports, extra murals that they are involved in etc. Teachers also have to learn manners to the learners, since some parents just drop the kids of and expect the teacher to do literally everything. Luckily there are still parents that know the importance to discipline there kids from a young age.

      Delete