© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Thursday 10 May 2018

The Value Of Friendship and Forgiveness

I have been somewhat MIA here on my blog, since about the end of last year things just wasn't the same for me.  Sometimes life hand us lemons out and we need to learn how to deal with it, but it's not always that easy.

The Value Of Friendship and Forgiveness

Especially if it's about a long lost friend that made contact with you. I know that some friends come and go, but if she was your bestie!?

I put a lot of value on friendships and I'm one of those friends that would go the extra mile for you, but when you get the rejection or rather in my case being written off. It really stings.

I was totally taken aback when I was reading the e-mail that she have written to me.  I was always wondering what have I done wrong that she would write me off and slowly, but surely I managed to put it behind me and move on, then BANG.  I just didn't know how to respond to that letter.

I have wrestled with this issue for some time before I have written back to her.  It's important to deal with your emotions before communicating back otherwise you do more harm than good.  I had to work through various feelings and it wasn't easy, but I have realized that i need to accept her apology.

Don't think accepting is the same as forgiveness. The first step for me was to accept it.  I know it takes guts to ask for forgiveness. Who am I to reject her apology?  It just took me a little bit longer to forgave for what she have done to me in the past.

It's easier to forgave a stranger, but a real close friend? Not so easy at all trust me.  Especially when you have shared many things together! 

Mostly in the evenings when I'm all alone I would sit and pray with God and ask for help, since I know it's something that lies heavy on my heart.  During that time I have came to the conclusion that I have to forgave her and I have done so.  God had forgiven me for my mistakes that I have done in the past so how could i not!?  If I'm not even prepared to forgave her how can I except God to forgave me?

Forgiveness doesn't mean that you will forget it.  It just means that you won't recall this matter that have cause great pain to the friendship.

I know it would take time to have a sense of trust in our friendship and that's totally acceptable.  Trust are earned it's not something that you just hand out left right and center. 

I believe if you truly want to restore the friendship it would require patience, understanding of each other feelings and always let God lead you in what is needed in the relationship.  Learn to trust God more than your own feelings. 

God have gave us friends to make our lives more enjoyable.  Value the friends that you have in your life and treat your friends in the same way you would like to be treated. 

Make time with the special people in your life. I know that distance also could play a role in this regard, but with the technology that we have available today just a simple sms saying I'm thinking of you.

Stay blessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment