© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Monday 22 May 2017

TIP TOP | CHERRIES IN THE SNOW & MATT-NIFICENT

Hello beauties,   
       

How was your weekend? Mine…not so great at all, you can say that I was seeing red. I was angry and one of the things that I like to do are to paint my nails. Guess what shade did I paint my nails with? Yip, I have looked at my stash of polishes and went to the first brand of polishes that I have purchased in 2010. 

Tip Top Cherry's In The Snow


In 2010 I have purchased this lovely shade called “Cherry’s in the Snow” I have figured that every lady should own a red polish. I think it’s a classic shade.  I remember it was one of the first one that I was painted my nails with during that year, it was the school holiday and I had to attend a teachers workshop then and everyone have noticed that I had painted my nails, since I wasn’t one that had painted my nails during the school term.

Well, I have done a little research to find the meaning between colours. I mean we could easily tell if a person wear a certain colour what mood the person are in.  when I was still very young I remember I had a teacher in primary school and I always paid close attention to what she was wearing and then I would know if she are approachable or not. Doesn’t that even apply to the shade we wear on our nails?

Apparently red means: “Powerful red is associated with vitality and ambition and can help overcome negativity.  If there is too much red around you may feel angry, irritable, impatient and uncomfortable”. [Source: Prime Club Magazine, Colour Your World, pg. 41]

During the winter times I prefer to wear matt shades.  I was lucky to have found the matte topcoat from Tip Top in Clicks that day. I still use it from time to time, especially during the colder season.
These polishes that I have mentioned are discontinued. So you won’t find them in store anymore. Tip Top has relaunched this year and their polishes are available on the webpage and in salon stores. At this stage I don’t know what salon stock, them, but if you’re a lover of Tip Top then you should follow them on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.  

Tip Top Cherry's In The Snow Manicure

BRAND: Tip Top | SHADE: Cherry’s In The Snow (909) | VOLUME: 10 ml

Their polishes are completely free of Formaldehyde, Dibutylpthalate (DPB), Toluene and Camphor.

PRODUCT CLAIM:
Long wearing, fast drying and chip resistant.

APPLICATION:
Apply two layers of colour

MY EXPERIENCE: 

Tip Top Top Coat Matte

After two coats it’s opaque so you will have a fabulous manicure.  It’s very shiny on it own, but I wanted to have a matt finish so I have painted 1 coat of Matt-nifient top coat and it’s looking great. I haven’t seen another polish of Matt-nificient yet, so I use this baby very sparingly.

It’s a classic red blood vampy look – reminds me of the Twilight Saga, maybe I must start reading those books again.

These polishes are very easy to remove, but I will suggest that you always wear a base coat, it would protect your nails against staining and you would have so much longer wearing time of your manicure.  

What one of your favourite shades to wear during Winter and does it reflect your mood?
Would love to hear you comments! 



No comments:

Post a Comment