© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Tuesday 13 September 2016

#THE GIRL GANG PRESENTS | DAY 3 | FAVOURITE MUSICIAN


Good Morning Beauties,

Today I'm going to tell who my favourite musician are and as you can see it's Josh Groban.  He came under my radar with the song called "You Raise Me Up"




YOU RAISE ME UP 
When I am down, and, oh, my soul, so weary
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

There is no life, no life without its hunger
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly
But then you come, and I am filled with wonder
Sometimes I think I glimpse eternity

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

You raise me up to more than I can be

~ Released in 2003 

This song has such an impact on me when i listen to it, that i'm just in complete silence! If this lyrics doesn't speak to you, then i simply don't know what would bring you to silence and to really listen to it. 

Let's look at a few lines: 

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains  
When you feel so suffocated with all the problems that are on you, it could be anything that you just don't know what to do anymore, since anything you try fails or when you are feeling so alone that nobody are there for you.  Rest assured that God are there for you. He's the only one that notice and cares deeply about you. He will raise you up so that you would be able to stand on mountains with His strength anything is possible.  It's only up to us to give Him the chance...

You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
God have lifted you up from the obstacles that was so heavy on your shoulders and now you can accomplish big things in your life. 

 You raise me up to more than I can be
This line are saying that God have helped you to become a better person. 

"to become a better person" This line would i say should be everyone's life motto. I remember someone ask me way back that i should pray so that he could become a better person.  At that time i thought, but you are already a good person, but now i realise that life throws us curve balls that it's a constant battle to keep our cool. 

So who are your favourite musician?  Why do you like certain songs more than others?

Stay blessed,


2 comments:

  1. Love this song. My fave musician, however, is Rod Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that many people would like this song, but yes to pick just one musician are not always an easy task, since we tend to listen to music regarding what we feel like in the moment.

      Delete